Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Personal or organizational promotions (items for sale, job openings, or other content resembling an "advertisement") are generally considered unsuitable for this collaborative environment. Posts of this nature may be removed by a moderator.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
The Legal Stuff
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
This site is provided as a service for the members of Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin. Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin we will take all appropriate action.
Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.PSW Core Values - What Brings Us Together
- We Believe patients are our purpose - if it's right for the patient; it's right for the profession
- We value collaboration and mutual respect - if you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together
- We believe in innovation and we believe we are difference makers
- We value community - we inspire to be inspired, building lasting relationships along the way
- We engage in advocacy for our patients and our profession - we believe every patient needs a pharmacist and every pharmacist needs an advocate
PSW Antitrust Compliance Policies and Procedures
It shall be the policy of the Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin (PSW) to be in strict compliance with all Federal and State Antitrust laws, rules and regulations. Therefore:
- These policies and procedures apply to all membership, Board, committee and other meetings of PSW, and all meetings attended by representatives of the
- Discussions of prices or price levels is prohibited. In addition, no discussion is permitted of any elements of a company’s operations which might influence price such as:
- Cost of operations, supplies, labor or services;
- Allowance for discounts;
- Terms of sale including credit arrangements; and,
- Profit margins and mark ups, provided this limitation shall not extend to discussions of methods of operation, maintenance, and similar matters in which cost of efficiency is merely incidental.
- It is a violation of Antitrust laws to agree not to compete, therefore, discussions of division of territories or customers or limitations on the nature of business carried on or products sold are not permitted.
- Boycotts in any form are Discussion relating to boycotts is prohibited, including discussions about blacklisting or unfavorable reports about particular companies including their financial situation.
- It is PSW’s policy that all meetings attended by representatives of the organization where discussion can border on an area of antitrust sensitivity, PSW’s representative request that the discussion be stopped and ask that the request be made part of the minutes of the meeting being attended. If others continue such discussion, PSW’s representative should excuse him/herself from the meeting and request that the minutes show that he/she left the meeting at that point and why he/she Any such instances should be reported immediately to the President and CEO of PSW.
- It is the organization’s policy that a copy of these Antitrust Compliance Policies and Procedures be given to each Officer, Director, committee member, official representative of member companies and organization employees annually and that the same be read, or understood at all meetings of the membership of the
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.